Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cata Musings

I haven't really been able to think of a good overall topic for this post so I just thought I'd muse about a few things that have happened to me so far while playing in Cata.

Healer Power in PUGs
I've talked about this before, sort of. If someone is being an idiot in a pug and constantly pulling off the tank (especially if the tank is my bf >:( ) I will eventually stop wasting heals on them. So far my priest is only 76 though, and has been cruising through dungeons. I can practically PoM > Renew > Take A Nap. This brings me to an evil thought.

Healers have all the power in Cata!

In 80+ dungeons, based on what I've heard and what I've experienced on my mage, dps now have equal responsibility for the success of the dungeon. Don't stand in fire, don't hit the sheep/sap, don't pull off the tank, etc. Healers are severely limited in what they can save while still having enough mana to last the fight, so it really makes perfect logical sense to let that stupid lock who thinks he can tank die.

This means you no longer look like an arrogant arse letting the lock die; on the contrary! You've just prevented a wipe.

This, my fellow healers, is what we've been waiting for! Finally, our chance to take our rightful place on the throne of Wow--

Ahem.

Pretend you didn't hear that.

But seriously, I really think this is good for the game. From what I've heard, it really is THAT hard to heal 80+ dungeons. Legitimately, in the course of doing your job and keeping the party as a whole alive, the tanking lock comes last on your heal list. If they die a few times, what better way for them to learn they're doing something wrong? (Other than having a quick word, of course, but you can't do that for everyone.)


Hmm, that went on for longer than I thought it would. Oh well, more musings later then!

No comments:

Post a Comment